This podcast is the narrated version of my article The Dark Side of Your Emotional Needs – Meaning.
When our lives feel meaningful we are energized and focused. Even suffering is made more bearable. So when the human need for meaning is met in an unhealthy way, it can wreak havoc.
In this episode I talk about:
- The holy search for happiness
- To give is to get
- Making idols of demons
- Whom are we doing this for?
- Serving but not subservient
- Meaning, or excitement?
- Meaning making
- Serving a higher need
- Nothing really matters
- What I’ve tried to do
- But it means so much to me!
- Looking for meaning in the wrong places
- Neglecting more meaningful parts of life
- When the price is too high
Or watch this episode of the podcast on video below:
- See Adam Curtis’s documentary The Century of The Self: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Century_of_the_Self
Subscribe to Mark Tyrrell's Therapy and Counselling Tips Podcast
Twice a week, Mark reads one of his therapy tips articles and occasionally discusses psychology-related topics.