This podcast is the narrated version of my article What to Do When You Feel Hopeless About a Client.
When a client is unresponsive to therapy, it can feel deflating. Here are five ways to think outside the box and regain your therapeutic motivation.
In this episode I talk about:
- Constant, silent tears
- Climbing out of depression
- Learning from clients
- The rise of the mood viruses
- A terrible thought
- Tip one: Stop doing what ain’t working
- Tip two: Don’t (overly) blame yourself
- Tip three: Use negativity positively
- Tip four: Remember that people are surprising
- Tip five: By your very being, transmit your positive expectation
Or watch this episode of the podcast on video below:
Subscribe to Mark Tyrrell's Therapy and Counselling Tips Podcast
Twice a week, Mark reads one of his therapy tips articles and occasionally discusses psychology-related topics.