This podcast is the narrated version of my article 3 Vital CBT Techniques for OCD.
CBT can be useful for treating OCD but to be effective we must consider other dimensions of the condition as well.
In this episode I talk about:
- OCD, the malevolent tyrant
- Some common obsessions and compulsions
- The effects of the toxic imagination
- OCD isn’t just a thought disorder
- CBT Technique for OCD 1: Find the underlying need
- CBT Technique for OCD 2: Focus on and trust observable reality
- CBT Technique for OCD 3: Externalize the OCD
Or watch this episode of the podcast on video below:
Subscribe to Mark Tyrrell's Therapy and Counselling Tips Podcast
Twice a week, Mark reads one of his therapy tips articles and occasionally discusses psychology-related topics.