This podcast is the narrated version of my article How to Build Rapid Rapport with Even the Most Difficult Clients.
Client-practitioner rapport is essential for effective therapeutic work, but how do we build rapport with ‘difficult’ clients? The utilization principle works with any client and appeals to an individual’s unique personality traits and interests to bring about change.
In this episode I talk about:
- Why building rapport is much more than ‘mirroring, matching, and leading’
- Marching into trance: The power of utilization
- More effective communication through utilization
- Why we need to stop the psych-jargon
- Building rapport from the inside out
- Utilizing the ‘gaping problem’.
Or watch this episode of the podcast on video below:
Subscribe to Mark Tyrrell's Therapy and Counselling Tips Podcast
Twice a week, Mark reads one of his therapy tips articles and occasionally discusses psychology-related topics.