This podcast is the narrated version of my article Stop Couples Arguing With These 3 Couples Therapy Techniques.
“Why do you two hate each other so much? Why don’t you just get a divorce?” I asked, interrupting the pattern of their well-practised bickering.
In this episode I talk about:
- When love feels like hate
- Man and woman as machines
- Pattern Interrupt Tip 1: Play devil’s advocate
- Pattern Interrupt Tip 2: Change something about the problem behaviour
- Pattern Interrupt Tip 3: Use hypnosis to re-evoke their love
- Not the be all and end all
Or watch this episode of the podcast on video below:
- A bit like this chap: The soldier who refused to surrender.
Subscribe to Mark Tyrrell's Therapy and Counselling Tips Podcast
Twice a week, Mark reads one of his therapy tips articles and occasionally discusses psychology-related topics.