This podcast is the narrated version of my article How To Boost Client Motivation In Therapy.
As all practitioners know, our clients’ motivation to change isn’t always 100%. There are things we can do however to get them feeling more positive and motivated, and so help them meet their therapy goals.
In this episode I talk about:
- Awakening a difficult client’s motivation to change
- Appeal to their point of pride
- Appeal to their point of principle
- Appeal to their area of expertise
- What motivation really is
Or watch this episode of the podcast on video below:
Subscribe to Mark Tyrrell's Therapy and Counselling Tips Podcast
Twice a week, Mark reads one of his therapy tips articles and occasionally discusses psychology-related topics.