This podcast is the narrated version of my article 3 Ways to Ask Exception Questions.
Exception questions are a valuable tool from Solution Focused Therapy. In this podcast I talk about a smoking cessation client where I used exception questions to help him use his love of swimming to wash smoking out of his life forever.
In this episode I talk about:
- Why there’s an exception to every rule and how to use this
- How to tell when the problem isn’t a problem
- Asking about times when the problem pattern doesn’t happen
- Asking what was different
- Using presuppositions to help pinpoint resourceful exceptions
- Spreading the calm around
Or watch this episode of the podcast on video below:
Subscribe to Mark Tyrrell's Therapy and Counselling Tips Podcast
Twice a week, Mark reads one of his therapy tips articles and occasionally discusses psychology-related topics.