This podcast is the narrated version of my article 3 Vital Reasons Why I Use Hypnosis For Treating OCD – And Why You Should Too.
There’s a good reason why I always use hypnosis to treat OCD. Every one of the hundreds of OCD sufferers I’ve treated over two decades have described how, when they are obsessing or acting compulsively, they feel like they ‘space out’. I came to realise that this is very similar to a hypnotic trance state, which gives us insight into how to go about treating OCD.
In this episode I talk about:
- About OCD, the miserly slave driver
- The part superstition and ritual plays in life
- Why OCD is hypnosis and what this means for treatment
- How hypnosis lets you communicate with the ‘problem part’ of the mind
- Why hypnosis is a great way to extract the fear from OCD
Or watch this episode of the podcast on video below:
Subscribe to Mark Tyrrell's Therapy and Counselling Tips Podcast
Twice a week, Mark reads one of his therapy tips articles and occasionally discusses psychology-related topics.