This podcast is the narrated version of my article How to Help Your Clients Achieve Their Therapy Goals.
Therapy goals are great ways to give a client a sense of confidence and engage them in their therapy – as long as they are created in a way that sets the client up for success. The way therapy goals are formulated and presented can make all the difference to a client’s motivation and confidence to complete them.
In this episode I talk about:
- Stating the goal in positive terms, without going over the top
- Leading the client step-by-step towards the goal
- Taking one step at a time, psychologically and practically
- Selling the sizzle, not the steak
- How to use curiosity to boost your client’s motivation
Or watch this episode of the podcast on video below:
Subscribe to Mark Tyrrell's Therapy and Counselling Tips Podcast
Twice a week, Mark reads one of his therapy tips articles and occasionally discusses psychology-related topics.