This podcast is the narrated version of my article How To End Therapy With Your Clients.
In this episode I talk about:
- Why terminating therapy isn’t about throwing clients out. It’s about setting clear guidelines and helping them be emotionally ready for it.
- Why it’s essential to ensure clients’ emotional needs are met outside of the therapy room.
- How and why to draw their attention back to their original therapy goals.
- The essential step of making it clear from the start that therapy will be finite.
Or watch this episode of the podcast on video below:
- Diagnosis, Vol. 2 Treatment Aspect. United States Public Health Service Agency.
Subscribe to Mark Tyrrell's Therapy and Counselling Tips Podcast
Twice a week, Mark reads one of his therapy tips articles and occasionally discusses psychology-related topics.